« Home | I just realized... » | I never thought those stories were true... » | If I don't get this job... » | Okay, how about this? » | Ché bella giornata! » | What a dick » | Six questions » | Une amitié fini plus vite qu'il a commencé! » | How AIM is (unforgivably) messing up my game, yo » | Google-an-ex... » 

Saturday, November 19, 2005 

I was the girl dressed in black

Depeche Mode at the HP Pavillion in San Jose.

Don, Pebs and I met at the Newlyweds' place for drinks, and some questionable, but potent baked goods. What a bunch of hippies.

We decided to stop for a bite to eat on the way there. In-n-Out, is always a good thing. They share a parking lot with Krispy Kreme, so the groom decided to pick some up.

The concert was a lot of fun. I was with Eddie, whom we'd met up with at a bar in San Jo. We had great seats. We danced the whole time.

After the show, on the ride home, the bride - out of nowhere - puked. In-n-Out redux. Eeewww. Most of it landed in her lap or in her bag, poor thing. Some on the floor and my bag and shoe. Oh well, collateral dammage. No big deal. Luckily, there were blankets and a towel in the back. The next couple of rounds were into the blanket.

The whole time this is happening, by the way, Don and the groom were jabbering away about god knows what (football?)in the front. At one point the groom offers the bride a donut. Pebs and I screamed "No!" in unison. "What?," he asked, a bit taken back by our forceful reply. We explained that his wife was sick and had been vomiting. The guys we clueless. Ah, well.

Note to self: Guinness + pot cookies + cheeseburger & fries + donut + bloody mary + Depeche Mode = unpleasant ride to San Francisco!

Links to this post

Create a Link