« Home | Cookies & Karaoke » | Priss? I've NEVER been called a Priss... » | The gays are coming! The gays are coming! » | One of those days » | Holy shit » | Starting over » | Unrequited » | The hometown is on the map... » | I love H & M » | I was the girl dressed in black » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 

I'm a GROWN UP? WTF?

Well, I got a job. Not the UCSF job - the job I interviewed four (fucking) times for. They ended up giving that job to a person who has decided to transition from the corporate world into the nonprofit sector. All my experience be damned. Argh.

The position I've accepted is that of an Associate Director, instead of a Director job. As I think more about it though, I'm glad not to have all the responsibility of being in charge. The money obviously isn't as good - though it is 15K more than I made at the last place.

I guess what bums me out the most is that in accepting this job, I am, by default, accepting that this is what I do. I never wanted to be a fundraiser when I grew up. And now I am. And it makes me sad.

Links to this post

Create a Link