« Home | Holy shit » | Starting over » | Unrequited » | The hometown is on the map... » | I love H & M » | I was the girl dressed in black » | I just realized... » | I never thought those stories were true... » | If I don't get this job... » | Okay, how about this? » 

Thursday, December 01, 2005 

One of those days

The weather has changed. It is gloomy and dark and rain is is pouring down. It is always on days like today that it seems nearly impossible to get out of bed, regardless of obligations. Somehow, beneath the blankets, it is precisely the perfect temperature. I cautiously poked one foot out of bed and my toes were nearly frostbitten upon contact with the frigid air. Mission flats just do not get warm...except in the summer, when they swelter.

All I want to do is sleep. It may be the lulling affect of the rain against the windows. Growing up in the Seattle area, rain against the windows was common. Now that I've lived away for so long, the sound always sends me right back there.

When I left the gym yesterday, I was dreading the way my abdominal muscles were going to feel this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My shoulders are what's killing me. I hate hate hate going to the gym, but it's too cold and wet to exercise outside now.

This is my least favorite time of the year.

Links to this post

Create a Link