« Home | Oh yeah... » | She got on a plane » | I Had a Date Yesterday » | Quite Possibly the Stupidest, Lamest Movie This Ye... » | For those of you who are expats in Paris... » | I've been tagged! » | Le coup est fait » | Um, thanks » | Travel plans » | Aww, yeah » 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 

I'm on my way...

Woo hoo! I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow. I still have so much to do. I'm not exactly sure why it is that I wait so long to pack, but I do. Always. I'm not too worried about forgetting anything, though - I'm going to France (and Belgium and the Netherlands,) not, say, Rwanda.

I actually look forward to running out of things on trips. It's an opportunity to go shopping and try new stuff. I mean, check out Mrs. B's shopping list!

I'm looking forward to meeting new folks, reconnecting with old friends, and just exploring the city on my own. I've been to Paris several times, but I've never once been there alone.

I bought a book to read on the plane. A murder mystery set in the Marais. It's by a local San Francisco writer. I hope it's good!

So, wish me luck! I'll take photos.

<3 <3

hey, i hope you have a fabulous time in paris. i'd say i wish you luck staying clear of all the protests, but that's just part of the "adventure" in france. looking forward to seeing pics. it's always interesting to see paris from other people's points of view.

BTW, if possible, we totally want to know the sex of the baby. i'm an impatient girl.

The weather is beautiful here -- sunny but a bit cold. But bring an umbrella b/c barely a day goes by without a short shower. So you are staying in the 11th! Right in the heart of where some of the demonstrations were! Have no fear, things are quiet for now as spring break is coming up. I think the next manif is planned for 4/17 so you should be OK. I'm sure you have lists and lists of things to do but here are a few lesser-known gems. If you have the cash, dinner -- or drinks if possible -- at Restaurant Georges in the Centre Pompidou has some amazing views of Paris((01.44.78.47.99). For arguably the BEST hot chocolate in Paris, along with yummy desserts and a truly quaint, one-of-a-kind setting, head over to "La Charlotte de l'isle" at 24, dea la rue Saint Louis en l'isle on the Isle de St. Louis (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/la-charlotte). This might be a nice place to take your daughter. Of course, you must take her to Berthillon, which is right nearby at 29, de la rue Saint Louis en l'isle.

Hope this doesn't get to you too late!!! Feel free to e-mail me for any rest. advice or anything else.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Good luck and have a blast! Yes, indeed, we want to see pictures, you know that :)

Have a great time and be ready to do lots of walking!

I just saw Eric's post of you at ParisDailyPhoto.com! You look like you're having a good time - Girl Scout Cookies and all.

I saw Eric's post too - what fun!!! Have a graet trip!!

Ok - I'm so behind...

I'm excited to hear about your trip as I read on!!! But I so like your packing style!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link