« Home | Moving On... » | Epilogue » | Je t'aime, au revoir » | Our Last Day in Paris (Part 2) » | Our Last Day in Paris (Part 1) » | Somebody Talk Me Out of it » | Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da » | Moore, Goode, Dick » | The Long Goodbye » | Amsterdam » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

In Other News

So, I do have other stuff going on.

Firstly, I have been loathe to look for a new job myself. I've decided to go the easier route by registering with two consulting/recruiting agencies.

One agency forwarded my CV to a school here in San Francisco. I had a first interview a couple of weeks ago, and last Friday had a second. The second interview was from 9:45 - 4:15. Seriously. I'd never heard of such a thing. I met with faculty, staff, administration, parent volunteers and the Board of Trustees. I can never tell how I do in interviews, so we'll see.

The second agency is one that does international placements. Today they sent me an email asking if I'd be interested in applying for the position of Development Manager for the National Museums of Scotland. I thought to myself "Are you fucking kidding me with this?"

Also, I am so over my mouth. In the past few weeks I've had check ups with my oral surgeon and orthodontist, and on friday I have an appointment with a periodontist. Today I returned to my dentist for the third time in less than two weeks. The first time was for a cleaning/x-rays, next she decided I need a night guard because I clench my teeth, so I had to go back for moldings (yuck), and today I picked it up. I am done.

Oh, and that $5,000 I got? When I returned from my trip, I went to the ATM for some cash. I looked at my receipt and thought "Why do I have so much money in my account?" Part of it was because I had gotten my State tax return. The rest was because my last job kept paying me via direct deposit. Twice. I haven't spent the money because I thought they might ask for it back - but they haven't. Man, I couldn't wait until this past Monday...payday! Unfortunately, there was no deposit made into my account, so I guess the jig is up. Dammit! I had plans for the rest of that salary...

Update I decided to put my name forward for consideration for the National Museums of Scotland job. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

Professionally speaking, I'm jealous. I would kill to work in a museum or a school. Those are civil servant jobs here for the most part.

I finally got a call from a head hunter (because I stipulated that I no longer wanted to work in the same business sector and that's a tough one to get out of for an English Mother Tongue (EMT)) and 'lo, it's to do a data entry job in another head hunters' office. Sigh. They want a sick of "same business sector" person because audio typing is popularily done in the business sector I work in.

You know I work in a law office, right? Pretentious lot.

I'm having a "low" day professionally. It even crossed my mind today, that I should just quit. Feck 'em. I'm tired of being asked to pull rabbits from hats in terms of making stoopid corrupt documents into something that won't explode.

Why is my job title "secretary" anyway? I really don't understand that. I need a sexier job title. Any ideas?

Anyway. Misery loves company... I'm miserable and so am posting a morose comment just so you can see how freaking AWESOME your job possiblities are. Thumbs up girl.

I too gnash my teeth and have a thinga ma jig. It helps alot.

That is so cool. Would you get to move to Scotland?

The job opp in Scotland sounds awesome! Let me know how it turns out; I'm always excited to hear when people make big life changes.

Hmmm...let me think back a bit.... Scotland is the land of "Scotty" isn't it? I mean, "the Parisian wonder"? "The Parisian adventure"? It can't be all that bad now can it? Men in skirts and tooting their bagpipes could bring some excitement to your life. Of course, you probably get enough of that in SF...

P.S. I'm baaaaccckkkk!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link