« Home | Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da » | Moore, Goode, Dick » | The Long Goodbye » | Amsterdam » | Poor Planning » | Brussels? Not so much. » | Reunited » | I am a dork. » | A Brief Respite » | My Brush with "CeWEBrity" » 

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 

Somebody Talk Me Out of it

I have gotten a $5,000 windfall.

I am thinking of taking another trip to Europe in July (it'll be my birthday, and my daughter spends the summer with my mom in Seattle.)

It's a stupid idea. I am unemployed. I have bills to pay. I should save this money. Plus, I don't want there to be any risk of my running into Scottie - another
bad, bad idea.

Crap. I'll pay some bills off instead. That would be the smart thing to do, right? Right.

Damn.

The chances of seeing that guy in Paris are 1 in 12 million (how many people in Paris again?) unless of course you tell him you're coming.

Bills to pay. Things to do. Places to go. Blah, blah, blah.

How about "Yeah, I could do this trip now that I have the time and a little money because God knows after I get a job, I won't be able to fly off to Paris any time soon."

And then again, Paris in July August kind of sucks... It's high tourist season which means all commodities are hello expensive, starting with the freaking plane ticket.

Paris in July/August is kind of hot, stuffy hot, not like here where you can get a cool breeze at the end of the day, more like East Coast hot.

And everything is pretty much closed and 1/2 the Parisians are gone on their traditional month long summer vacation.

Decisions, decisions...

Or you could go to Hawaii for a week?

Actually, the thing is, if I went to Paris again, I'd make it a point to see him...and that's a bad idea because I know he doesn't want to see or hear from me again. So I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment.

I say sock your money away after paying bills. Paris ain't going anywhere and it's true that Paris in the summer time is a hot muggy bog. The only reason I like August is because all the Parisians have left. In July, Parisians are cranky because their hols are sooooo close (most Parisians gather in the south in August. You know, coz they just can't get enough of each other all year round, they head to the Cote d'Azur to honk horns at each other...)and yet, not close enough...

Why not head down to Mexico for a bit? Or even up to Canada?

Gosh, if I had a $5000 windfall, I'd be able to go to my cousin's wedding in August. It's impossible to get a flight out of France for a reasonable fare in August AND the guy's getting hitched in Winnipeg!!! As if I'd be able to get a flight from Paris to Winnipeg. Damn-ned.

Without reading the comments I have to say this.. Don't spend $5000 to go to PAris. You are insane!! I wouldn't spend that much even if I went! And if you have bills and a cushion for just in case.. Shouldn't you want to look for a job?

And summer is full of tourists and hot! But Bastille day is great... Don't do it...Stay and save that $5000/

Always pay yourself first!

Save $1000 for the trip and use the rest to pay the bills.

At the end of your life will you wish you had travelled more or wish you had paid more of your bills on time?

But yeah---Paris in summer----ick.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link