« Home | Argh! » | Marcel Proust said... » | Go Go Go » | Waking Up is Hard to Do » | In Other News » | Moving On... » | Epilogue » | Je t'aime, au revoir » | Our Last Day in Paris (Part 2) » | Our Last Day in Paris (Part 1) » 

Monday, June 05, 2006 

Glorious Sunday

The weather in San Francisco has been fantastic the past two weeks. Of course, just by typing that, I've probably jinxed it all.

Last Sunday, the Carnaval parade went down Mission St., by our apartment. We didn't watch (or participate) this year because I had to take one of the rabbits, Skeeter to the vet. We had to walk through the parade to get to my car which was parked on the other side of Mission, but we made it.

This past weekend was great. Although I slept completely through Saturday, due to some random nausea and puking (fun!) when Sunday rolled around, I was ready to get out of the house. I got a phone call from my former assistant who has recently moved less than two blocks from me. She and her friends were having an impromptu barbecue in Dolores Park, and invited me along. My daughter was at her friend's dance recital, so I happily agreed to join in the fun - now that we can be seen together without fear of repercussion.

The park was so crowded. Every available grass surface was covered with blankets and grills. A random band had set up and was playing in the middle of it all. It took me a while to find the group I was meeting...what did we do before cell phones?

It was a potluck, so I needed to think of something to take. In the end, I went old school, and took a Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding - though I cheated and just bought pre-made vanilla pudding. I'm happy to report that everyone loved it...and not just the stoned folks. I met some really cool people. I had a blast lying in the sun, drinking sissy drinks, listening to music and laughing with new friends. This is what summer should be like.

My daughter spends her summers at my mom's - I forsee a lot more days like yesterday in my future.

Oooh, sounds like a lovely weekend! Dolores Park is a great spot to enjoy fine weather. It's getting really nice here now (finally!) so I'm trying to get in as much sun as possible.

I can't believe you jinx that upon urself - now it will pour hells on wheels! see - I just unjinxed it - *patting self on back for saving ur day*
;)

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link