« Home | San Francisco Days » | Hope springs eternal » | Catrina & Me at the Dyke March » | Pride weekend » | Sometimes I hate people » | Today was hot » | I am good » | The marrying kind » | He left without incident » | We're all still breathing » 

Friday, June 30, 2006 

Meme madness

Holy crap, this is a long meme. But it saves me from actually writing an entry, right? Shamelessly swiped from Vivi en France.

1. How old do you wish you were? I had a lot of fun when I was 22 and 23, but I think probably 26.

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In bed asleep. I live on the West Coast, three hours behind New York and D.C. I was still in bed when I heard about it. I turned on the radio when I woke up and heard them talking about it. I assumed they had the facts wrong - this particular station is known for their idiocy.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? I try banging on it. If that doesn't work, I get annoyed and pouty.

4. Do you consider yourself kind? I try to be.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? I have two. One is on my shoulder. The other you'd have to know me pretty well to see! I'd get another one (or more.) The design would just need to have special meaning to me. There's nothing I'm particularly jonesing for at the moment.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? French (duh), but also Spanish. I also love Italian.

7. Do you know your neighbors? I used to, but there's been a lot of turnover in the past few years. I think I'd recognize most of them.

8. What do you consider a vacation? Not having to get up in the morning, being in a city, state or country other than the one I live in.

9. Do you follow your horoscope? Not really, no.

10. Would you move for the person you loved? Yes.

11. Are you touchy feely? Only with romantic partners, otherwise, not really.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Oh, yeah.

13. Dream job? Broadway, baby!

14. Favorite channels? Food Network, Travel Channel, A&E, PBS.

15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? I almost never leave the City and County of San Francisco. How sad is that?

16. Showers or Bath? Shower.

17. Do you paint your nails? Almost never. I only get clear polish when I have manicures.

18. Do you trust people easily? Not anymore.

19. What are your phobias? Spiders. Heights. Enclosed spaces.

20. Do you want kids? Have one. I'm down for one or two more.

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? Nope.

22. Where would you rather be right now? Paris. I could be more specific...

23. What makes you feel warm and safe? Nothing, really. How sad is that?

24. Heavy or light sleep? When I (finally) get to sleep, I'm a terribly light sleeper.

25. Are you paranoid? Why? What have you heard?

26. Are you impatient? Hell yes.

27. Who can you relate to? No one in my real life. Mostly fictional characters.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples? Ha ha ha...!

29. Have you been burned by love? Hell yes.

30. Whats your life motto? I don't think I have one...I'll think about it and update this if I come up with something.

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? It's the sound of an old fashioned phone "riiiinnngg."

32. What were you doing at midnight last night? I was probably online.

33. Who was your last text message from? Catrina.

34. Who's bed did you sleep in last night? Mine. Unfortunately (see number 22 above.)

35. What color shirt are you wearing? Reddish, maroonish. Burgundy? I don't know what the hell color this is.

36. Most recent movie you watched? I saw Wordplay. I loved it, but then again I'm a puzzle and word geek.

37. Name five things you have on you at all times? My glasses, my phone, my ATM card, my ID and lip balm.

38. What color are your bed sheets? Ha ha! The same indescribable color as my current shirt.

39. How much cash do you have on you right now? About ten dollars.

40. What is your favorite part of a chicken? Thighs.

41. What's your favorite town/city? New York City (surprise!) But Paris is up there, too.

42. I can't wait 'til... I own a home.

43. Who got you to join MySpace? Leah, though I'm not actually on MySpace as myself. I joined as my dog. He has nearly 200 friends – only three or four of them human.

44. What did you have for dinner last night? A carne asada burrito from Taqueria Cancun.

45. How tall are you barefoot? 5 feet 4 inches.

46. Have you ever smoked crack? Of course not! I've never even seen it in real life. Cripes, Whitney Houston'll tell ya: "Crack is Whack!"

47. Do you own a gun? No. I've never even touched one (what kind of American am I?)

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Seltzer. I drink it all day long.

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? My rapier wit? My stunning smile? Helloooooo?? If I had one, I wouldn't be sleeping alone.

50. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't think so, technically. But I do tend to go off on tangents...

51. What time did you wake up today? 8:00-ish.

52. Current worry? I have several...

53. Current hate? Iraq war, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George W. Bush, apathetic, ignorant American electorate.

54. Favorite place to be? My mom's house. In small doses. When I've rented a car...

55. Where would you like to travel? Sheesh. Too may places to name, but the African continent, and Southeast Asia come to mind.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? I don't know. My kid will be in college (!) I'll be living in either New York or Europe - not alone, I hope.

57. Last thing you ate? Um, I got another burrito. They're cheap - and it's at the end of the block!

58. What songs do you sing in the shower? It varies.

59. Last person that made you laugh? Catrina.

60. Worst injury you've ever had? I broke my ankle walking across the street in Manhattan. I stepped in a pothole.

61. Does someone have a crush on you? If so, they're doing a mighty good job of keeping it a secret.

62. What is your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. See, peanut butter. I am American, after all!

Sweet! Somebody actually did it! I know, it's hella long. I can't believe you broke your ankle crossing the street. How the hell did you make it the rest of the way?

Loved "Wordplay"! Part of the joy of reading the daily newspapers is doing the crosswords afterwards.

I love this meme. I may be using it soon, although so many of your answers I could just copy and drop into my own! Hope you are doing well buzzgirl! Bisous.

ViVi - I crawled. My hands were all scraped up, too. It was bad.

Ujima - I usually do the crossword puzzle before I read the news!

bReal - C'est bizarre - mais probablement vrai!

62 questions? Dang, that'd keep me busy for a year!!!

I'M A REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUP FREAK TOO!

fucked up but true: they don't sell them here in France.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link