« Home | Hope springs eternal » | Catrina & Me at the Dyke March » | Pride weekend » | Sometimes I hate people » | Today was hot » | I am good » | The marrying kind » | He left without incident » | We're all still breathing » | Today's the day... » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

San Francisco Days

Today was one of those days that made remember that I loved living in San Francisco. I've been here for so long, that now it's just "where I live," but today was a good reminder of what it can be like, sometimes.

It started early. The girl and I left the house at 6:30 so that I could drive her to Oakland to catch the Girl Scout bus headed for Calaveras County where she's spending the next week at horseback riding camp. That's right. I'm on my own for a week.

Then, at 1:00 this afternoon, I walked over to Café du Nord where Catrina and I went to a "private" concert (there were about 50 people there) with British chanteuse Corinne Bailey Rae.

She is adorable. I was so close to her that I could have reached out and pinched her cheeks. But I didn't. I had a couple of whiskey sours, though. I asked for extra cherries, so it would count as lunch.

The weather was fantastic, about 75 degrees (around 23 Celsius.) When we walked down to Church St. we saw KT, Catrina's girlfriend in her car. We flagged her down. We parted ways.

I decided to go to Chow. I took a seat on the back patio, where I ordered a glass of Champagne, and a piece of their famous ginger cake with pumpkin ice cream and caramel. Yum.

Afterwards, I made my way home - and back to bed. The drinks and lack of sleep hit me hard.

Just like the old days, living a life of leisure and poverty.

A life of leasure and poverty ... Dang, after working a 12 hour day yesterday, it sure looks tempting!

Isn't there anything in between, where one can make some money, enough to pay bills, yet also have enough time to devote to some kind of private life on the side, or is that too much asking these days? Sigh...

I love Corinne Bailey Rae's music! I'm so jealous you were able to see her perform live!!!!

This post made me miss sunny San Francisco days, particularly Washington Square weekends playing grass vball and running across the street barefoot in a bikini top and shorts for a bottle of water. One of the things that I love about SF is that you're never, ever too casual or too dressed up. You just are whom you are, doing whatever you're doing, coming from wherever you're coming from, and dressed every bit the part.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link