« Home | Stunted » | Big girls don't cry » | Rest in peace » | Sony ad » | Football and French » | How to celebrate Independence Day » | A little too close to home... » | Pride bonus! » | Meme madness » | San Francisco Days » 

Thursday, July 20, 2006 

"...And, scene."

That's what we say at the end of a scene in acting classes.

Melodrama. What would my life be without it? I was a Theatre major, after all. Plus, I'm a Leo...apparently we have a flair for the dramatic - and oversensitivity. I deliberately turned off comments on the last post because I just needed to express how I was feeling.

Just a small aside: it seems that every time my daughter leaves me for the summer, I get hurt in some way. One year it was a horrific bout of bronchitis, one year I broke a toe. This year, my heart. What gives?! On the other hand, my daughter has left for the summer! And me with no plans.

I want to reiterate that I'm not a victim here. It's just a matter of people wanting different things. Happens every day. Not to get all Gloria Gaynor-y, but I realize that I will survive.

This realization has been made more clear through the supportive emails I've gotten. I really appreciated them. Truly. My most sincere thanks to bReal, Gabrielle, JennC, Jenny, and, most especially to Tomate for their kind words. It's amazing to have you ladies on my side.

So, in a way, this is a good time for this to happen... I'm starting a new year of my life. My birthday is eight short days away. If you glance over to the sidebar, you'll see that I have inserted (albeit poorly, since I have NO html skills) an Amazon Wishlist. It's right under the "Make a Donation" button. Check it out! It's rudimentary, only a few items. I really need to work on adding stuff to it. By the way, if you were mentioned above, you've given me enough already. As for the rest of you...

On one last, more serious note, being a part of the 'blog community' has been extrordinary for me. I had no idea when I started this thing that I would have had the opportunity to meet and "meet" so many incredible people, and learn about their lives. I also had no idea how much of my own I was willing to put out there. What a trip! Thank you all. For everything.

I'm glad you decided not to take a long hiatus from blogging :) I look forward to your posts! From one theatre person (and a fellow Leo!) to another, "break a leg!" (or, "Merde!") with everything that this upcoming birthday year may bring...I don't really know you that well but I can tell that you're a wonderful person with a beautiful spirit. I'm glad you're back :)

Buzz,

Glad you're feeling better. And be extravagant with that Amazon wishlist, girl!

Take care of yourself now.

Hi buzzinmybackside,
Not sure how I came across your blog, but can relate in many ways. Happy to see you back online. Sending you positive vibes.
When i read your recent post, Sinead O'Connor was playing in the background "Jump in the River", and it was odd, cuz it kinda connected to your recent blogs. Or perhaps that's just my own odd interpretation. Anyhoo, wishing you all for that you wish (if that makes sense?).

Hey sweetie. I'm sorry things are going the way they are. For both of us! But I'm going to be okay, and you're going to be okay, and I think it's high time we finally made plans to hang out. So let's just unspontaneously plan something. I'll e-mail, too.

I'm glad you decided to come back and fight on. Sometimes that all we got!!

:) Hugs

i too am so happy (and feel so fortunate) that you have decided to continue blogging. it is a wonderful community of support and to share in the lives of others is so comforting. through good and bad times, i've always been amazed at how accepting and supportive people truly are. it gives me so much hope for humanity in general.

you really are so important to so many of us in blogland, buzzgirl. don't forget that. you always have my friendship and support. now, one of these days, we need to get to Paris together! :-)

oh...i almost forgot...i love the "and, scene" bit. my sister always does that (with the hand gesture down the chin, nonetheless) after she gets through with a dramatic story. i love it! often, when we go out for drinks, we use it profusely! it just punctuates drama so well!

Hi Buzzgirl,

Glad to see you still here. Whew! I'm thinkint that this summer could be a real opportunity for you to do something wild and crazy or calm and relaxed to change your mind and get some fresh air. Whatever, I'll be checking back to see how it goes. Lots of bises!

Glad if my sad and sordid tale provided some comfort! Keep on blogging, and I'll keep on reading you!

Awwwwww... that's so sweet!!! Careful, now, or I might blush .. like a Tomato or something!

Seriously, we're all sorry you had to go throught his heartbreak, but it is Summer, after all, and you're free to do as you please ... this should help the morale some, no?

On the blogging community and online in general, I found over the years that Internet people can be an incredible and very powerful source of support and friendship, if you'll let them, and I mean that very seriously.

Many times I've been wanting to give up the blog, for various reasons, but a comment or two will drop in my mailbox unexpectedly and when I think of how the blog links me to these incredible people, I just can't shut it down!... :-D

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link