« Home | The Answer is Four » | Ironically, I feel worthless... » | Not a "real" post... » | Last day of summer » | I hate clauses. » | Football and E » | I miss this place » | I know, I know » | Lots of stuff » | Karma is a bitch » 

Saturday, November 11, 2006 

So, it's been a year...

...since I started this blog. And what have I got to show for it? Bubkes (or however you choose to spell it - I've seen it several ways.)

Over the last year I've ended my celibacy streak. A celibacy not by choice, mind you, but one that was thrust upon me. So to speak. Perhaps as a result, I've gone crazy. Ok, to clarify, I've always been a little crazy. But I've gone off the deep end.

On the bright side, I've started seeing a shrink (we've only met once.) It's weird.

What else? Oh, here's something! I did the three month-long Colonix internal cleansing program. I can now happily report that while I may be as figuratively as full of shit as ever, I am now much less literally so. Ahem.

I interviewed for several jobs, accepted one, quit three months later, went to Europe, came back unemployed and didn't work again for five months until my current job just kind of landed in my lap.

While I'm neglecting to fill in the blanks of what my life has been like over the past four months (not good), I have also had some good things happen. I found a community of bloggers, once anonymous, now friends. Which is great, because I don't make friends in "real life" all that easily - though I have made one recently, which has been kind of cool.

I've been really bad about updating this thing - mostly because I've come to the point where I'd just be censoring myself anyway. I'm not sure how useful it's become to me. I have some things to think about, I s'pose.

Tonight, I'm going to see Dr. Octagon which should be weird. And fun. I hope.

And I am pleased, for the most part, about the mid-term election results. So that's something...

I've just switched over. Not sure I'm feeling the "new" Blogger. What do y'all think of it?


So you have done the Switch. Good for you, I guess. I haven't yet. No rush. I'll let people with more time on their hands test out the bugs ;-)

Glad to see that you think of the blogging community as a bunch of Friends. To me, we're more like a Family (dysfunctional, of course) but hey, take what you can get. ;)

I can tell you that a few years back it was my online buddies who kept my head above water, so to speak, not my "real" friends, or family. And now it's time to give back a little, well, that's the way I look at it. :-) But many people blog for many reasons, so whatever works for you ...

I've been really bad about updating this thing - mostly because I've come to the point where I'd just be censoring myself anyway. I'm not sure how useful it's become to me. I have some things to think about, I s'pose. You do that. You do your thinking and hopefully, you'll keep in touch with us at least a little bit now and then? :-) Otherwise, walk away from the computer, pick up the phone instead and call someone in RT. That works, too :-)

Congrats on the therapy thing. Having someone to talk to is always a good idea.

By the way, I forgot ... happy B'day to your blog!

OK, and now if I could figure out how to sign in to this thing again? Arrghhg.

Hi Buzzgirl!

I'm not quite sure how I missed this post but it was good to read. Therapy is cool and quite helpful so that's a great move. And I absolutely think colonics etc. are excellent ways to clean out things both physically and mentally. People can laugh, but it has a really cleansing, or new start, feeling.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link