« Home | Get lost! » | My sexual crime... » | So... » | Think of me... » | Baby? Boom! » | The "C" List » | I don't cook » | The Kool Keith/Dr. Octagon Show! » | So, it's been a year... » | The Answer is Four » 

Thursday, December 21, 2006 

This is me




Can you believe this shit? I have to wear this monstrosity until after the first of the year (when my insurance kicks in.) But wait - there's more. After that time I have to have surgery to repair my ruptured achilles tendon. That's right. Ruptured. It's as gross as it sounds. The surgeon thinks the recovery will take about six months, during which I'll be on crutches. Egads.

The silver lining (if there is one) is that I'll get to have a disabled person placard for my car. Trust me - if you'd ever tried to park your car in San Francisco, you'd know what a bonus that is! Of course, my car is a stick shift, and I need my left foot for the clutch, so that will be a challenge in itself...

Let's just say, this year sucked ass. I can't wait for it to be over.

Happy holidays to all...I'm off to my mom's. It's time. I haven't been home for Christmas in years.

Peace out, y'all.

Have a wonderful Christmas, hope the foot appliance doesn't spoil it for you and glad there's a silver lining with the car parking.

Best wishes for the New Year!

All my love x x

Oh, lovie, that just sucks! But it sounds as thuogh you've got someone who knows what's wrong and how to help--it's taken me almost a year to find that! I COMPLETELY sympathize with you and know how demoralizing and painful it is. So take care, put your feet up and make Beautiful Daughter do all the running around for you. Would you like me to send you a silver bell so you can have people at your beck and call? Because I totally would!

Well, damn. Ain't nothin' like broken bones to cap off a perfect year. I'm feelin' for ya sweetie, I really am. I hope your mom takes good care of you over the holidays. :)

oh no, buzz! ugh. yes, i second your sentiments about wanting this year to be done with. enough is enough! i'm so sorry to hear that you are going through all this. you're in my thoughts and i hope you have a wonderful christmas.

Oy, and a stick shift to boot . . . no pun intended. Heal soon.

Crutches and moonboot in San Francisco? Ouch. Been there done that (at approx. the same time of the year, too, last year). Oh, yeah, it does suck... I feel for you!!! The only good thing about it, I suppose, is picking the color of your cast. Nowadays they have all kinds of cool color and the casts are much lighter, made of some kind of fiberglass. If you get it wet, you can dry it off with a hair dryer.

Good luck with it all.

Sorry to hear about the Achilles tendon, Buzzgirl :( I feel your pain!

I hurt my Achilles tendon the last day of my Paris vacation, and it was a pain in the a**, because I was going to Hawaii a few weeks later to see my family and I didn't think I'd be able to go on the beach with my hurt tendon. The podiatrist gave me a cortisone shot before I left, and I had to wear these awful flip-flops that Britney Spears wears (you know the ones that have a stacked heel)the whole time, so I wouldn't aggravate the tendon :p

Hope you had a happy holiday at your mom's place!!!!

Hmm... nice... Prada? ;-)

Sorry to read those news... Well, maybe you can see this is a sign that you're going to be kicking ass in the new year. All the best to you!

From someone who had a plate and 7 screw put in and taken out of her ankle, I know what you're going through. Courage. It will get better. :)

Happy New Year!.....inspite of the fancy black boot. Look it's not a Jimmy Choo, but we love you anyway.

I would offer to take you dancing to cheer you up but...

Hope you had a great holiday. Come back soon!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link