« Home | Brief surgery recap » | I'm going under the knife today » | It was for a good cause » | I know it's old... » | This is me » | Get lost! » | My sexual crime... » | So... » | Think of me... » | Baby? Boom! » 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 

I couldn't last a week

I took the cast off last night. Believe me, it wasn't easy. But it had to be done. It never once occurred to me that claustrophobia would manifest itself in this way.

I sheepishly called the doctor this morning to confess my misdeed. He directed me to come in immediately. After checking the wound (egads, it is horrific looking) he asked me if I thought I could handle it if he put another cast on, because it really needs to be protected. I said that I didn't think so. So, I'm back in a new boot. I'm still not allowed to bear any weight on it, and I'm supposed to leave it on at all times - as if it were a cast. Honestly, I think the fact that I can so easily take it off (its closures are velcro) is enough for me. Right now, anyway.

Oh, and apparently the doctor did, in fact, talk to me following the surgery. I just have no memory of it. I hope I didn't say anything too embarrassing.

I have this too funny vision of you hacking your cask off in the middle of the night, rather like a horror/comedy...what a great way to start the day!

Hope you're doing better.

yes, i too can see you just insanely tearing at that thing with a butcher knife! i hope the boot is treating you better and that you recover without any problems.

LOL! The image is amazing. I presume you'll be sharing some gory photos with us???

OK, so you got the cast off. Quite an accomplishment!!! Do you own an electric knife or something? Wow. What color was it, by the way? Just curious. They have some really cool fluo/neon colors these days.

Nope! There was no mad ripping at the cast. Instead, it was a slow, methodical cutting - bit by bit - with, of all things, the clippers I bought to trim my dog's claws. It took a looong time, but as I said: I was determined.

By the way, Tomate, it was just a plain old white cast.

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link