« Home | Buzzgirl is in a (gulp) relationship. » | This is the big one » | Birthday! » | Now's as good a time as ever... » | The best 5 seconds ever! » | Happy Pride 2007! » | It's all good for now » | Back to court today... » | Thank you » | I know I've asked before... » 

Friday, November 30, 2007 

Buzzgirl tries not to freak out.

Wednesday night:

He walked me to the bus stop. As the bus approached, we gave each other a hug and kiss good night.

Him: "I'll talk to you later," and then, into my shoulder some semi-intelligible mumbling.

Me: "What did you say?" (which may have sounded more accusatory than I meant it to.)

"Nothing. I'll give you a call."

"No. What did you say?"

"I'll tell you later."

Thursday, lunch with my friends C and W:

"I'm pretty sure S told me he loved me last night, but he would neither confirm nor deny."

Thursday night with S:

"What did you say to me last night?"

"I love you. I wasn't planning to blurt it out like that"

"Oh."

"Am I freaking you out? Is it too soon?"

"No...but it is a little scary for me."

It's nerd love, people. What can I tell you? I did change my myspace status to "In a relationship," though. So it must be serious, right?

Hi Buzzgirl! The "L" word often slips out unexpectedly. Well, I say "often" as though hearing that word happens all the time...yeah, right! :) But really, I recall my very intimate relationships and the first time that love was mentioned. It almost always was just blurted out seemingly without control and in the most unexpected place, at a most unexpected time.

There is nothing wrong with nerd love, by the way! I hope you are doing well! :)

Yes please - loving the nerd love...
I'm just about to run outside, circling my office yelling "I am not alooooneeeeeee!"
Thanks for that...
Lara

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link