« Home | Why, yes. It is exhausting... » | COMES THE DAWN After awhile you learn the subtle ... » | He's Back » | Backsliding » | Buzzgirl is NOT 17 years old » | Shawn » | It's that time again... » | Bitchface » | Just popping in... » | Il ne m'aime pas » 

Monday, September 20, 2010 

Win Some, Lose Some

In the win column:

1) I attended this Levi’s event on Saturday, and got a free pair of great fitting jeans. It was a fun day, lots of free stuff and a concert by She & Him. The band was introduced by a couple of local DJs. They were asking the crowd trivia questions and handing out $25 gift certificates to the Levi's store as prizes. I answered the last question correctly, but they "mistakenly" gave my prize to someone else. I was annoyed. They took my contact info and promised to "see what they could do." Today, I got a phone call saying they're giving me a $100 gift card to the Levi's store by way of apology. Score! Win!

2) I used a public restroom today. The restroom was clean, well stocked with TP and soap and towels, and I found $10 by the garbage can. Score! Win #2!

In the lose column:

BB emailed me to tell me he forgot about a dentist appointment that he has, so I don't get to see him today. It's not that much of a lose, though because we rescheduled for tomorrow.

I really hate to admit that I like him. It just sets me up for so much hurt. But I do. I really enjoyed talking with him last night. He's very bright, he's attractive, he's generous...something's gotta give, right?

Gah! I'm just going to try to relax and enjoy this for as long as I can. We'll see how that goes.

Links to this post

Create a Link