« Home | Well, yes. As Doc called it in the comments of th... » | A Chat with BB » | Some advice? » | Win Some, Lose Some » | Why, yes. It is exhausting... » | COMES THE DAWN After awhile you learn the subtle ... » | He's Back » | Backsliding » | Buzzgirl is NOT 17 years old » | Shawn » 

Saturday, January 15, 2011 

You know it's bad when...

...You get turned down without even offering anything.

Last night I went out dancing with a platonic new friend, and a couple of his friends. We don't know each other that well, but it was nice talking to/hanging out with him.

After we left the club, we parted ways with the other couple and decided to find a bar to have a drink and talk. As we were walking, he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and with a pained expression said to me "I'm not really feeling the 'more than friends thing' with you."

Fuuuuuuucccckkkkk. What?

I told him that was okay, but I wasn't sure where it came from. Had I said something? No. Did I even flirt with him? No. He asked me if things were now awkward between us. Yes. I assured him they were, because now he had pre-emptively rejected me when I wasn't even interested in him romantically.

Goddammit. I'm not stupid. I know what I look like. But for fuck's sake, that hurt my feelings.

I don't see us hanging out again any time soon. Which is too bad. He's really funny, super-smart (in that nerdy neuroscience PhD way) and it seemed like we would be friends. We like a lot of the same music, and we went to see West Side Story together.

Now I'm just wondering if I should drop him as a Facebook friend. I guess I could - we don't even really know each other that well, but it seems kind of petty to me.

Links to this post

Create a Link