« Home | Happy(ish) Birthday » | You know it's bad when... » | Well, yes. As Doc called it in the comments of th... » | A Chat with BB » | Some advice? » | Win Some, Lose Some » | Why, yes. It is exhausting... » | COMES THE DAWN After awhile you learn the subtle ... » | He's Back » | Backsliding » 

Friday, December 09, 2011 

Our time is coming to an end

I had lunch with "Meir" yesterday. It's weird to be platonic friends with him, but I think it's worth it to have him in my life. Though, I do recognize that it is doing harm to me (emotionally, spiritually). I like talking with him. We talked about politics, as usual. We talked about Gilad Shalit's return home. We talked about how he's going to introduce me to someone via LinkedIn for a job I'm (VERY!) interested in. And we talked about how he *thinks* they've finally found a replacement for him as CEO. When they finalize the hire, he'll train the new person and then move his family back to Israel. I don't even want to think about that right now. In the car, after lunch, his phone rang. His phone is always ringing. It's hooked up to his car's audio system, so he answered it. It was, I assume, a business associate, because he got really agitated and the other guy's tone sounded apologetic. The only five words he said in English were "Fucking unbelievable," "Microsoft," and "Best Buy." While they were talking, another call came in. He hung up with guy one, and spoke to guy two. Again, all I understood was "unbelievable". When we got to my place, he put the phone on mute, turned to me and smiled and thanked me for having lunch with him. I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a hug before I got out of the car. It was a good hug...we don't usually (anymore) embrace, but I think I was kind of saying "goodbye" to him. Even being "just" his friend - and we really are just friends - feels inappropriate. I feel like I want to stop seeing him, but I can't. Like, really. Just can't. It sucks.

Links to this post

Create a Link